HOW DO WE KNOW WHAT IS REAL? WHERE DO THE PATHS BETWEEN FACT & FICTION CROSS?

Perhaps we are drawn to people, places, objects for a reason. In order to locate ourselves we continually make connections.

Friday 16 April 2010

Missing connection

It's hard to know whether to follow your head or your heart. I've been thinking about ways to reach some kind of conclusion. But using my head in this way wasn't helping. Being in such a state of flux was draining. I reclined and flicked through the local magazine, until I came across an advert for palm reading at an event being held in the park. I've never entertained the idea before but somehow it seemed pertinent.

I walked into the tent, expecting to see a woman, but to my surprise a man was sat there staring at me through half open eyes. I smiled. He didn't reciprocate. I blushed. He didn't. He was serious. I tried to be.

I'd removed any clues from my hands so that he could examine the bare facts. He took hold of my left hand and looked at my palm. He inhaled sharply and put his hand to his mouth. My heart was racing. He pulled at his lips in a way that suggested he was in a state of contemplation. "I've never seen so many lines" he said eventually. "Yes but what do they mean?" I asked impatiently.

"Impossible to say, it's too complex. But there does seem to be a line missing" he said. "What line?" I enquired. "Its the line that connects the future with the past" he replied.

"It means there's a wholesale change looming."