HOW DO WE KNOW WHAT IS REAL? WHERE DO THE PATHS BETWEEN FACT & FICTION CROSS?

Perhaps we are drawn to people, places, objects for a reason. In order to locate ourselves we continually make connections.

Wednesday 10 February 2010

Eating snow

It was a cold and crisp evening amidst the falling snow. There was a queue of traffic alongside the footpath where I walked. I was busy allowing my thoughts to pendulum from one thing to another when a man in a car wound down his window, smiled at me and said "How does the snow taste?". I hadn't purposefully been trying to eat it but it was falling at such an angle that it was floating straight into my face and consequently the odd flake hit my mouth. I smiled back at him and continued walking.

I went another 50 yards and a woman holding a transparent umbrella passed me. Unlike her younger counterpart a few days previously, she was looking at her feet with a sullen expression on her face. And this disappointed me. So much so that I almost wished I hadn't seen her.

Perhaps if I'd kept on walking, eventually everything would be repeated but from a slightly changed perspective?