HOW DO WE KNOW WHAT IS REAL? WHERE DO THE PATHS BETWEEN FACT & FICTION CROSS?

Perhaps we are drawn to people, places, objects for a reason. In order to locate ourselves we continually make connections.

Monday 8 February 2010

Transparent innocence

As I was stuck in the hum-drum of rush hour traffic I saw a young girl skipping down the road wearing a huge smile on her face. Every so often she stopped, tilted her head back, opened her mouth wide and ate some falling snow. I could see through her transparent umbrella to her endearing innocence and freedom. I was transported back a quarter of a century to the green tops of Golden Cap. I can still remember the brimming excitement as I burst out with this spontaneous phrase, "Let's do something exciting. Let's run!"

All of a sudden I had an urge to get out the car and skip down the road.