HOW DO WE KNOW WHAT IS REAL? WHERE DO THE PATHS BETWEEN FACT & FICTION CROSS?

Perhaps we are drawn to people, places, objects for a reason. In order to locate ourselves we continually make connections.

Tuesday 8 December 2009

Clockwise or anticlockwise?

I could hear this noise behind me. It was monotonous and just kept going on and on. I was trying to decide whether to respond to it or ignore it. I gave in and turned my head to glance. He was walking round and round in circles dragging a suitcase behind him. But something wasn't right. Something didn't fit. It wasn't his clothing. It was the words leaving his mouth - "Congratulations" he said, "that's great news". There was a pause - but only in his talking, not his walking. I'm trying to recall whether he was going clockwise or anticlockwise. He continued - "well if you're happy, then..." he petered out. But was he happy? I didn't know - how was I to tell?