HOW DO WE KNOW WHAT IS REAL? WHERE DO THE PATHS BETWEEN FACT & FICTION CROSS?

Perhaps we are drawn to people, places, objects for a reason. In order to locate ourselves we continually make connections.

Tuesday 29 December 2009

Obscured patterns

I'd watched a couple walk through some double doors together. Beneath their overcoats they were wearing matching jumpers, hand knitted in pillarbox red wool. They were patterned but I couldn't see them in full. I wondered what drove them to act in this way? Admittedly they were in their 70's - maybe by that time you're past caring? This was before Christmas so they'd either opened their presents early or made them especially for the occasion.

I could feel myself going off piste. Perhaps it was fear of ending up wearing knitted jumpers? I was 25 years old when I convinced myself I wouldn't do that. I distinctly remember having the conversation with myself.
It was a big gamble. And I was known to be cautious.

I decided to throw caution to the wind.