HOW DO WE KNOW WHAT IS REAL? WHERE DO THE PATHS BETWEEN FACT & FICTION CROSS?

Perhaps we are drawn to people, places, objects for a reason. In order to locate ourselves we continually make connections.

Tuesday 22 December 2009

Timed fate

I couldn't help it, I'd always been a romantic at heart and the idea of getting a taxi across the city seemed fitting - as if it was going to take me on an exciting journey where at the end the man of my dreams would be waiting for me. It must've been the snow that was making me think in this way. But what if fate had a part to play? What if my very own Vincent Cassel missed me at the train station by a fraction of a second? I felt the need to act on impulsion. I leant forward and asked the driver to change direction and go northbound - it didn't matter where, I just needed to test my theory.